1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? Did you play any sports growing up?
I am 29 years old and currently reside in London. As well as being a fitness model I am also a commercial model and have recently started acting.
Growing up I wasn’t really that sporty and I picked up my first set of dumbells at the age of 15 and after that I never looked back.
2. How long have you been training? Why did you decide to compete?
I have been training for 14 years now and I’m not really sure why I originally started to compete. If I’m honest competing was a way of justifying to myself why I was training. My first show was in 2008 and I have competed in 8 shows in total
3. Any plans to compete again in the future? If so, where can we expect to see you compete next?
I am hoping to compete again next year but I am still undecided as to where and when.
4. What specific workout routines work best for you?
I alternate my workout on a regular basis as I tend to get bored easily and I like to listen to my body so I don’t have have a specific workout to be honest
5. What is your typical diet regimen like? What are some of the most important foods in your diet?
I generally always eat clean and my carb consumption is generally very low. I am very keen on lean meat such as chicken and turkey
6. Do you take any supplements? If so, what do you use and why?
I currently use Gaspari Superpump Max, size on Anavite and myofusion.
7. How was your first contest experience like? Can you tell us about the competition and the training that lead up to it?
My first show was a nerve wracking experience as I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. The silly things like having to wax my whole body and the fake tan was an interesting experience I didn’t quite expect to have so many problems with, but overall it was an amazing experience and the buzz from being on stage is one that got me hooked on competing. I honestly don’t expect what my training was like leading up to that show but I do remember my after show feast -pizza and chocolate! That was a great end to a long day
8. You’ve been published in magazines such as Muscle and Fitness and Ultra Fit Magazine. How did you prepare yourself for them?
I always prepare for shoots like I would do for a show so if I know about the shoot in advance I would diet for it in advance and focus on weight training that brings out the details in your body. I would also increase my cardio and reduce my calorie intake in order to get ripped accordingly and I’ve recently started carb load prior to shoots in order to make my muscles look fuller
9. Has dieting and staying lean been easy for you or was it something you have to work hard on?
Nothing in life is easy but if your regimented and disciplined enough then anything is possible. I would like to think that being organised with my training and strict with my diet is what has really helped me.
10. What is it like to become a sponsored athlete for Gaspari Nutrition?
I am currently a Gasapri Nutrition UK advocate and it is a privilege and an honour to represent such a prestigious brand and one which is led by such a trailblazer in the industry such as Rich Gaspari. I am hoping to one day become a fully sponsored athlete with Gaspari.
11. We heard you are also an actor. Can you tell us more about your acting roles? Which shows have you appeared in?
I have only just recently ventured into the acting arena and have done a lot of supporting artiste work for numerous BBC tv shows in the UK. I have also appeared in commercials for brands such as Heinz, Febreeze, and Hardees chicken wraps.
12. What the best training tips would you give for someone who wants to get ripped?
You cannot get ripped without a clean diet and cardio, best tip – reduce the calories and increase the cardio.
13. What upcoming projects are you currently working on?
All will be revealed soon ….. 🙂
14. Any shout outs?
Obviously I would like to thank Powertec for this opportunity and also to Gaspari nutrition UK and also to my beautiful girlfriend for her continued support
15. Where can we find you on the Internet?
Catch me here: http://www.gasparinutrition.co.uk209.html
And I also have a twice weekly blog which you can find here: http://www.gasparinutrition.co.uk/210.html
I am also on twitter: @The_MehmetEdip
And also feel free to like my fb fan page: MehmetEdip.FitnessModel.Athlete